Friday, November 26, 2010

Meal 15

Shrimp w. Cashew Nuts
Rating: 5(Bearable)

Fortune of the day- A vacation to sunny shores is soon in store for you.

Where do I begin with this dish? Should I try to explain why there were more water chestnuts and celery than cashews or should I expand on the deceitful behavior of the texture. In the words of LeBron James, “What should I do?” In this case, it is rather simple, I’ll go with both. The dish’s name is Shrimp with Cashew Nuts so obviously those two items will be involved. It is also safe to assume that other ingredients will be sprinkled throughout the meal. In this case, those other ingredients (celery, water chestnuts, and baby corn) drowned out any chance the cashews had of any significant flavor. The dish should have been called Shrimp with Diced Water Chestnuts and Celery with a Hint of Cashew Nuts. If you haven’t noticed, water chestnuts appear quite frequently in these dishes and it got me wondering why they are so popular. I did a little research and stumbled upon some interesting facts. First of all, the water chestnut is not a nut but an aquatic vegetable. It’s widely popular because of its abundance and its submissive flavor. Also, did you know that some believe that water chestnuts can sweeten your breath? Tic Tac, there’s a new dog in town! The texture startled me as well. I know cashews are not the softest nuts to be chewing on but in this case they were abnormally tough. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, it just means you will have to work a little harder consuming your food. The shrimp was cooked fine and the assorted elements made for an interesting taste but not one I will order again.  As I have said before, these are my opinions and according to my fancy, this dish did not tickle it achieving only a Bearable.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha "according to my fancy this dish did not tickle it"

    ReplyDelete